Rill Developer (tech preview)
Rill Developer is a tool that makes it effortless to transform your datasets with SQL and create powerful, opinionated dashboards. Rill Developer follows a few guiding principles:
- feels good to use – powered by Sveltekit & DuckDB = conversation-fast, not wait-ten-seconds-for-result-set fast
- works with your local datasets – imports and exports Parquet and CSV
- no more data analysis "side-quests" – helps you build intuition about your dataset through automatic profiling
- no "run query" button required – responds to each keystroke by re-profiling the resulting dataset
- radically simple dashboards - thoughtful, opinionated defaults to help you quickly derive insights from your data
It's best to show and not tell, so here's a little preview of Rill Developer:
We want to hear from you if you have any questions or ideas to share
Pick an install option:
Our binary is the fastest way to install Rill Developer:
- binary : download the most recent assets binary.
cdto your download directory and get started with the Rill CLI.
You can also install Rill Developer using npm or docker:
Quick start a new project
You can create and augment your own projects in Rill Developer using the CLI. Every project starts by initializing the experience. Once initialized, you can ingest data into the project and start the UI.
rill import-source /path/to/data_1.parquet
or try our example:
(Please note that the command
rill init-example is temporarily unavailable on Windows.)