- Go to Superset and choose Data -> Datasets and click on the green + Database button in the top right corner. A Connect a database modal should appear.
- Fill in the Connect a database modal as follows:
- DISPLAY NAME: Enter a descriptive name for your connection
- SQLALCHEMY URI: Copy the Superset SQLAlchemy URI from the Integrations page in RCC and paste it into the SQLALCHEMY URI field.
- Replace the username/password in the image with your username and API password.
- Click Test Connection. If the connection works, you will see a "Connection Looks Good!" message appear.
- Click Connect to save the connection
- Go to Superset and choose Data -> Datasets and click on the + Dataset button in the top right corner.
- Fill in the Add dataset modal as follows:
- Database: Choose the connection that you created above
- Schema: Select druid
- Table: Choose the table that you want to query from the dropdown menu. This dropdown menu should show the same datasets that are displayed in your RIll workspace. Each dataset represents a table.
- Click Add
- Now that you've created a dataset, you can click on it under Datasets and edit it (under Actions, over on the right) to configure column properties such as whether the column is a metric or dimension or whether it is your time column. See Superset documentation on Creating Your First Dashboard for more details.
- Go to Superset and choose Charts and then click on the + Chart button in the top right corner.
- Choose the dataset you just created. Alternately, when viewing the list of Datasets, you can click on the dataset name to create a chart.
- You should now see the fields from your table in the Superset Explore menu and you can create charts as describe in the Superset documentation for Creating Your First Dashboard
Updated about 1 month ago
Did this page help you?